Le Forum Courtois Index du Forum Le Forum Courtois
pour discuter autour de Radio Courtoisie

S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 FAQFAQ    RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   ProfilProfil  ConnexionConnexion 
PortailBlogue Radio Courtoisie PortailSite Radio Courtoisie
  • Grille générale des programmes : Semaines A  Semaines B  Semaines C  Semaines D
  • Ecouter Radio Courtoisie Ecoutez Radio Courtoisie

tarts to shut down the Mariners. Hughes (9-5) gave up eight

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum Courtois Index du Forum -> Discussions générales -> Actualité, société -> Communiqués de presse
    Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
    Auteur Message
    hfy962464
    Chevalier

MessagePosté le: 13/07/2018 09:15:17    Sujet du message: tarts to shut down the Mariners. Hughes (9-5) gave up eight Répondre en citant

TORONTO - Toronto FC will look to complete a sweep of the season series when they visit the Columbus Crew for the third and final meeting of the season Saturday. Danny DeKeyser Jersey . TFC has defeated the Crew twice this season with a 2-0 victory in Columbus on April 5 and a 3-2 win in Toronto on May 31. Toronto is 2-7-2 all time at Crew Stadium entering the match. "When I look at those Columbus games and I look at our team now, I see two different teams to tell you the truth," said coach Ryan Nelsen. "I see a different team in us. Were a lot more mature, a lot better with the ball. "Obviously weve got a couple of injuries still in the back, but I feel like weve kind of progressed on." Its a homecoming of sorts for former Columbus midfielder Dominic Oduro, who was acquired by Toronto (8-7-5) on June 6 in exchange for Alvaro Rey. Oduro appeared in 45 games for the Crew (6-7-9) contributing 13 goals. Following Fridays training session, Oduro was downplaying the significance of the game. "Its just another game, Im not going to try to push it otherwise Ill lose my focus," he said. "You just have to keep your cool, especially against a former team. These games are really critical; you dont want to try to prove too much against your former team. I believe I know my ability and they know my abilities too." Additionally, TFC defender Nick Hagglund, a native of Cincinnati, Ohio, who made his MLS and Reds debut on April 5 at Crew Stadium will have as many as 60 family members in attendance. Toronto will be without Jermain Defoe for a second straight game. The team announced Monday that the forward would miss up to three weeks with a groin injury. Additionally, the Reds will once again be without captain Steven Caldwell (quad) and defender Mark Bloom (MCL strain). "Theyre three major things," said Nelsen of the injuries. "All the other teams seem to cry out from the roof tops when they get injuries, but nobody seems worried when we do. Weve just got to get on." Nelsen added that both Caldwell and Bloom are close to returning to full training, but their availability for Torontos game at Kansas City (Aug. 16) is uncertain. Columbus enters the match coming off a 1-1 draw against the Chicago Fire last weekend. Federico Higuain leads the Crew in goals (Cool and assists (5). Meanwhile, Toronto split a pair of road games last week dropping a 3-0 decision at D.C. United before picking up the clean sheet in Montreal with a 2-0 victory. "Obviously if we win this game (Saturday), it sets us up in a really nice position with a very difficult game against Kansas City," said Nelsen. "After that, its a favourable kind of run in and I think were getting better and better. Were evolving, as the season is evolving, quite nicely. "I think three points against Columbus will be a huge step to where we want to be." Three points in Columbus will also create some breathing room for Toronto in the Eastern Conference standings. Currently the third place Reds lead the fifth place Crew by just two points with a pair of games in hand. "A bunch of six-pointers really when you look at it, not only will you take three points, but you take it away from the other teams," said midfielder Collen Warner. "Very important games coming up." Added Oduro: "At this point, every point counts in the table. Especially second half of the season, this is where you have to separate the men from the boys." Eric Tangradi Jersey . The motion to expand the stadiums capacity passed through by a count of 39-3, with Toronto mayor Rob Ford being among those in opposition. Matthew Lorito Jersey . Bjoerndalen broke the record he shared with cross-country skiing great Bjoern Daehlie, also matching his fellow Norwegians record of eight gold medals. Bjoerndalen earlier won gold in Sochi in the mens sprint biathlon. http://www.hockeyredwingsauthentic.com/authentic-michael-rasmussen-red-wings-jersey/ . Steve has built a solid reputation throughout the years - first as a hockey player, then as an NHL general manager and now as a scout.SEATTLE -- Sam Fuld so rarely hits home runs its difficult for the Minnesota centre fielder to tell the difference between a deep fly ball and a shot that might leave the park. Especially in a park known to be unfriendly to hitters like Safeco Field. "I really dont hit enough to know whether its going to be an F-9 or a home run," Fuld said. Fuld barely cleared the wall with his second home run of the season, Phil Hughes pitched into the eighth inning and the Twins beat the Seattle Mariners 2-0 on Tuesday night. A night after Fuld could not pull back Michael Saunders home run, the roles were reversed. Fuld hit a 3-2 pitch from Seattle starter Chris Young (8-5) beyond the wall in right and just out of the reach of Saunders for the solo shot in the fifth inning. It was the first homer for Fuld since April 10. He finished with three hits and two stolen bases. Fuld took a hard tumble after crashing into the wall trying to snag Saunders shot on Monday night. He woke up sore, but showed up to the park early and made sure manager Ron Gardenhire knew he was fine to play. "That home run was big. Getting a run on the board here, we hadnt scored yet up in Seattle to that point," Gardenhire said. "We know coming in here this team pitches very well, that their bullpen is strong so runs are going to be a premium." Hughes rebounded from being knocked around in his previous two starts to shut down the Mariners. Hughes (9-5) gave up eight hits in 7 1-3 innings, struck out eight and didnt walk a batter in silencing Seattles stagnant offence. Hughes had given up a combined 19 hits and 12 earned runs in his past two starts, losses to Texas and the Yankees. But he had a strong history pitching in Seattle, and is 5-0 with a 0.61 ERA in seven career games at Safeco Field. Hughes went to a three-ball count just once and Logan Morrisons double in the fourth was the only extra base hit he allowed. "The last couple times out I felt like I got hurt with a couple of weird plays and tonight I got some good bounces with the double play ball. Sergei Fedorov Jersey. Sometimes its just the different of a couple of things going right for you and its a different story," Hughes said. "I felt like my fastball command was good tonight and I was able to work from there." Young was nearly equal to Hughes, yet unable to get a third straight victory because Seattle provided no offensive help. Young gave up six hits and struck out six, but lost for the first time since June 11. He was lifted after giving up a walk to Eduardo Escobar and single to Fuld leading off the eighth to put runners at the corners with no outs. Brian Doziers sacrifice fly off reliever Yoervis Medina scored Escobar to give Minnesota a 2-0 lead. "I needed to keep that scoreless tonight, one at most, and give us a chance," Young said. No matter what Young did on the mound, he couldnt help Seattles bats that have gone cold. Seattle has scored six runs in the past five games and is 2 for 36 with runners in scoring position during that stretch. Three times Seattle got runners to second base but they advanced no farther. Seattle tried to rally in the eighth after one out singles by Saunders and James Jones, and Robinson Cano coming to the plate. Hughes was lifted for reliever Casey Fien, who got Cano to ground into a double play to end the threat. "Frustration was setting in more than anything ... and then I had visions in my head of Cano hitting a three-run homer. Ive seen it too many times," Hughes said. "Fortunately (Fien) got him to roll over into a big double play ball there." NOTES: Minnesota is 2-11 in its last 13 road games. ... Seattle LHP James Paxton (back) threw a 33-pitch simulated game Tuesday and is expected to throw another this weekend before deciding if hes ready for a rehab assignment in the minors. ... Gardenhire has not decided on his starter for Friday in Colorado after RHP Ricky Nolasco was placed on the 15-day DL on Tuesday. ... Seattle 3B Kyle Seager snapped a 0-for-18 skid with a single in the sixth inning. Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '
    Publicité

MessagePosté le: 13/07/2018 09:15:17    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
    Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum Courtois Index du Forum -> Discussions générales -> Actualité, société -> Communiqués de presse Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
    Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: